- Role: Principal Technology Consultant – Juniper
- Reference: NKY_0005
- Start Date: Jan 2023
- Job Type: Permanent, Full-Time
- Security Clearance: SC
- Sector: Defence
- Salary: £75K + Benefits
- Location: Hybrid, 2-3 days at client site in New Malden, 2-3 days remote.
- Who Can Apply?: UK Nationals only.
To undertake a defined range of Network engineering design, development & test activities for various Combat System product programmes in line with all relevant processes and quality requirements under the direction of our clients Network engineering team leader.
Duties & Responsibilities
You’ll be responsible for various stages of the network development. This may include: design, analysis, configuration, testing and fixing issues with the network infrastructure or application components.
Your role will be to ensure that communications function across the network architecture and that the network’s performance meets the necessary requirements. You will also provide direction, information, and recommendations regarding network configurations and installations on Royal Navy platforms to support the various aspects of overall Combat System integration. Carry out investigations into operational problems or developments and develop and prepare solutions, individually or as a member of a project team.
Skills, Knowledge & Experience
We require a Technology Consultant with experience of the following:
- An understanding of how to configure and setup Juniper, Dell Switches and Fortinet Firewalls.
- Experience with configuring and installing client and server network software.
- Knowledge of Local Area Networking (LAN) and/or Wide Area Networking (WAN) technologies.
- An understanding of the technology behind a switched architecture and its workings (DNS, DHCP, Security, IP Switching/Routing, HTTP, VPN, etc.).
- Experience of designing network architecture for greenfield development.
- Experience of working with Switches, Routers, Hubs, Servers, Cables (Cat 5-6), Fibre Optics, Racks LAN, WAN, TCP/IP (Ethernet).
- Network Management & Monitoring Systems e.g., PRTG and Solarwinds.
- A good knowledge of all phases of the software lifecycle but with particular experience in Integration & Acceptance. · Excellent written and verbal skills.
- Production of HLD, LLD and Test plans and reports.
Knowledge & experience in one or more of the following:
- Design and integration of systems/networks within the Maritime defence environment.
- Design and integration of systems/networks within the Fixed or Deployed defence environments.
- Cisco Switches.
- Windows Server 2003 & 2008.
- Other operating systems including VMware ESXi. Server 4/5, Linux (SUSE /RedHat).
- Working knowledge of various VMware tools.
- Working knowledge of SAN Technologies.
- Juniper JNCIA, JNCIS, JNCIP.
- Cisco CCNA/CCNP and/or CCDA.