WHAT IS THE EDGE HUB?
The Splunk Edge Hub is a sustainable hardware device with built-in sensors, it simplifies the ingest of IoT and Sensor based data enabling enhanced infrastructure monitoring.
Using its range of sensors, it collects and collates the data, streaming it into your Splunk platform in near-real time. This allows you to monitor the sensor and environmental data to proactively take remedial action and avoid outages. Integrated with the Splunk Cloud or Splunk Enterprise, Splunk’s Edge Hub drives data to a centralised platform for correlation, search and visualisation.
MAXIMISE YOUR DATA
The Edge Hub is an extensible, agile platform allowing you to augment the onboard sensors with additional 3rd party compatible sensors (such as a camera) and increase your monitoring capabilities.
Combining Edge Hub’s physical and environmental sensor data with your IT Ops and Security data, utilising the rich search, correlation and visualisation power of Splunk Enterprise or Splunk Cloud enables an end-to-end monitoring capability previously hard to harness.
WHAT ARE THE CHALLENGES?
HOW DOES SPLUNK EDGE HUB HELP?
- Stream and monitor data in near-real time into your Splunk platform
- Allows you to detect the most minute changes in your environment driving predictive maintenance
- The Edge Hub makes it easier to capture and act on a subset of data that has historically been difficult to access due to proprietary protocols
- Monitoring data in real-time prevents costly outages, and disruptions to your maintenance schedule
- Complete data visbility, using the correlation and visualisation power of your Splunk platform you’re getting end-to-end monitoring
- Full data extensibility, allows you to augment the sensors with additional 3rd party sensors, increasing your monitoring capabilities
- Native protocol support to create industry-specific solutions
- Recommendations are given to ﬁx the vulnerabilities identiﬁed by the platform
Why not download a Splunk Edge Hub Use Case PDF for further information:
EDGE HUB + SPLUNK ENTERPRISE OR SPLUNK CLOUD
The Edge Hub can be seamlessly integrated with a Splunk Platform, i.e the Splunk Cloud or Splunk Enterprise. Here are some of the benefits:
- Stream and monitor data in near real-time into your Splunk platform
- Monitor the sensor and environmental data to proactively take remedial action.
- Prevent costly outages and network down time.
- Capture subset of data that has been difficult to access.
- Full stack observability and end to end visibility.
- Correlate, investigate, and automate complex data analysis across your business