FULL ANALYSIS OF YOUR PLATFORMS
WHAT IS A TECHNICAL ASSESSMENT/HEALTH CHECK?
Our team of highly trained Technology Consultants are on-hand to perform a technical assessment of your Splunk or Cribl platforms.
The Technical Assessment and Health Check service provides an evaluation of your current platform capabilities, technical maturity and environment status by comparing assessment results against defined criteria. The assessment results enable a better understanding of the health of an environment.
Scroll down to find out more.
ASSESSING THE HEALTH OF YOUR PLATFORMS
WHEN TO CARRY OUT A TECHNICAL
We recommend Technical Assessment activities begin early in an environment’s life cycle, and continue regularly. Over time, the health of existing environments can be detrimentally affected by the natural evolution of your IT environment. Changes to architecture, users, upgrades, and general growth of your environment can lead to performance, stability and maintainability issues.
Assessing a platform, at whatever stage it may be, through examination of the key underlying parameters and associated processes can build a baseline profile and identify areas of improvement achieve a performant environment for now and the future.
Our Technical Assessments focus on measurable parameters to enable an objective of performance and best practice, and therefore aim to recommend enhancements for the environment and organisation. In all cases the assessment timelines should allow for tracking trends over time to show stability and the impact of corrective actions before major reviews and milestones. We can tailor the Technical Assessment to focus on specific areas of the environment or process, if required (e.g. data latency and data topology).
The Technical Assessment/Health Check provides:
- An evaluation of the program’s technical progress measured against the expected/planned performance – this can be specified over a period of time.
- An objective means of identifying, quantifying and monitoring a system’s technical risks.
- A rigorous method to help define corrective actions that may be needed to address, and resolve identified risks.
The Technical Assessment/Health Check generally aims to cover:
- Platform infrastructure and resources
- Versions (including Apps, Technical Add-ons, Packs etc)
- Data collection methodology
- Overall platform performance
- License usage and trending
- Platform user-experience
We can tailor a technical assessment to meet your needs
On completion of the Technical Assessment/Health Check:
- After the Technical Assessment is complete you will be provided with a comprehensive report identifying strengths of your platform and recommended areas for improvement.
- Our Consultant will schedule a call after the Assessment is complete and report is issued, to walk through the findings and answer any questions you may have.
Who should carry out the Technical Assessment/Health Check?
We believe the Platform, Product or Service owner would see the greatest benefit from a regular Technical Assessments/Health Checks. Empowering the Service owner with a health check and recommended areas of improvement, will drive positive end-user and stakeholder experience.
Our team are highly trained Technology Consultants are on hand to perform a technical assessment/health check of your Splunk or Cribl environments.
Through our sequence of health checks, we can analyse your on-premise or cloud deployments baselining them with best practice approaches from the Vendor and drawing on our extensive implementation experience.
We can customise the focus of the Assessment/Health Check according to your needs. Following the report completion, we can also arrange a meeting to discuss further any findings from that report.
Technical Assessments and Health Checks can be performed on-site or remotely. They usually take 1 to 2 days of discovery work, and 1 day for documentation.